Go to WELCOME page BULLETIN BOARD CALENDAR of EVENTS REGISTRATION FORM ORI ACADEMIC PRESS QUOTE of the DAY
DR. JEFFREY SEINFELD MEMORIAL PSYCHOANALYTIC LICENSE MENTAL HEALTH AWARENESS NEURO-PSYCHO-EDUCATION
ADVANCED FREUD & FREUDIAN TECHNIQUE
Instructor: Eva D. Papiasvili, PhD, ABPP
1st trimester of the (advanced standing) training programs in psychotherapy and psychoanalysis (This course can be taken also as a separate certificate course, with or without the group supervision class)
Course Calendar: October 2, 2014 - January 8, 2015; Thursdays, 8:15-9:30pm.
Location: 136 East, 55th Street, Apt. 6A, NYC, NY 10022 (SE corner of 55th Street and Lexington Ave, on a IRT line)
or Virtual participation – via audio/video or audio only
Tuition: $450/ 10 week course (can be paid in 2 installments)
Advanced Freudian Thought and Technique will be explored within the historical and contemporary perspectives, reflecting its own internal evolution as well as its reciprocal interactivity with the psychoanalytic culture at large.
Starting with the close reading of the selection of Freud’s writings on metapsychology, clinical theory and technique, this course will continue to follow several strands of further conceptual developments up until the contemporary non-linear complexity of ‘ post-structural’ Freudian thought and clinical practice.
Specifically, historical evolution and current clinical utility of such concepts as:
· Transference, countertransference and analyst as a developmental vs. transferential object;
· (Internal) mental topographies and functional structures, corresponding processes and their interactivity;
· Dynamic unconscious;
· Ego flexibility and (developmental) layering of defenses;
· Complex resistance configurations;
· Ego and self relations;
· (Unconscious) conflict, deficit, and compromise formation;
· Use of the (internal) objects;
· Internalization, trajectories of (unconscious) symbolization & representation;
· Inner structuralization and differentiation;
· (Unconscious) sexuality;
· (Unconscious and preconscious) fantasy function and notion of pictorial narrative (tableau);
· Complex relations of preconscious/unconscious associative (symbolic), enactment and action processes;
· Identificatory and de-identificatory processes;
· Pre-symbolized inchoate annihilation anxieties;
· Decentered listening and decentered (reciprocal) interpretative processes;
· Multiple meanings of ‘the (internal and external) other and otherness’;
· Multi-level communication of negative therapeutic reaction, repetition compulsion and “acting out”;
· Multiple and condensed temporality and reciprocal relations of memory, fantasy & trauma (screen/ superimposition, nachträglichkeit and après-coup);
· Complex and fluid relations between the inter-psychic and the intro-psychic;
· Telescoping of generations and the narcissistic dimension of oedipal configuration; and
· Complex notion of psychoanalytic empathy, and complex motivational systems.
All these phenomena will be explored in regards to their developmental antecedents and significance, as well as their interactive participation in the contemporary pos-tstructural Freudian notion of the complex psychoanalytic process.
Reading will include, besides selected readings of Freud’s from 1900 – 1939, such authors as Charles Brenner, Jacob Arlow, Harold Blum, Leo Rangel, Stefano Bolognini, Werner and Marianne Bohleber, Haydee Faimberg , André Haynal, André Green, Jean Laplanche , Pincas Noy, Dominique Scarfone, Marvin Hurvich, Rosemary Balsam, Wendy Olesker, and others.
The structure of the course will include the in depth discussion of the pertinent clinical material brought up by the course participants, including the case material from the psychoanalytic practice of the instructor.
For Bio of the course instructor, follow the link HERE.
For more information, please write to ORI administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 646-522-1056.
Join Us on FACEBOOK!
Support Our Cause on FACEBOOK: Support Mental Health Education!
Please note - NEW
- Mail correspondence to: ORI
Administrator, 75-15 187 Street, Fresh Meadows, NY, 11366-1725
New: Tel: 646.522.0387 OR 646-522-1056 (ORI Administrator); Fax: 718.785.3270 Email: admin@ORINYC.org
Inquiries about psychotherapy and psychoanalysis training: DrKavalerAdler@gmail.com
site and its services, including the contents of this site are for informational
It does not
provide medical or any other health care advice, diagnosis or treatment.
Copyright © 2000
Object Relations Institute, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Website created by MindMendMedia (last updated on 09/16/2016).